Marie Newman: The champion for all Illinois needs
Meet Marie Newman. She’s running for Congress in Illinois’ third district to stand up to Donald Trump and be a champion for all.
- Supports LGTBQ rights and does not believe we should turn back the clock on the progress we’ve made.
- Is a champion of women and families – and is not afraid to stand up and fight for what’s right. She believes that women should make decisions about their healthcare choices, including abortion—not politicians in Washington.
- Believes in sensible gun control to make our schools and communities safe.
- Believes that we should expand, not defund healthcare options for women.
- Will fight for a living wage.
- Wants to end the stranglehold big money and special interests have over Washington.
As a solidly blue district, it’s time we had a true champion to the 3rd district. We need someone who will stand up to Donald Trump and Paul Ryan, and fight for jobs, healthcare and equality. Marie is that person.
Mission statement: To help elect Marie Newman, a champion of women and families, and defeat anti-choice, anti-LGBTQ equality and anti-worker Democratic congressman Dan Lipinski.
Address: 1032 15th Street, NW #220 Washington, DC 20005
About: Illinois’ 3rd district is currently represented by Dan Lipinski, a Democrat who has consistently voted to pass anti-choice, anti-LGBT, anti-worker and anti-immigrant policies since he was elected in 2005. Despite Lipinski’s out of touch record, the district is solidly blue, with Hillary Clinton winning by 15 points in the 2016 election and Bernie Sanders winning the district by 8 points in the Democratic primary.
Company overview: Leading progressive groups are joining together for an unprecedented joint independent expenditure campaign to educate voters about the real record of Congressman Dan Lipinksi and elect Marie Newman.
The Citizens for a Better Illinois public page on Facebook is a place for respectful discussion to educate voters about Lipinski’s record and promote his opponent, Marie Newman.
Citizens for a Better Illinois is committed to keeping our Facebook page a safe space for commentary and free of hate speech. Comments that threaten or condone violence, show extreme disrespect for any person, or exist solely to provoke arguments are considered inappropriate and will be deleted. Citizens for a Better Illinois reserves the right to block any user or delete any comment that violates this code of conduct.